Thread: Getting Zmanda source compiling on FreeBSD.

Angry Getting Zmanda source compiling on FreeBSD.

Hello all, thanks in advance for any assistance you could provide.

I am attempting to compile from sources amanda_enterprise 2.6 on a FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE build. I have amanda 2.5.2 working fine on this box but would like very much to use the Zmanda web front end. I have purchased a full licenses from Zmanda only to be told that FreeBSD is not supported. Which I find difficult as it would have been nice if this was stated BEFORE I shelled out the 100$. But "Other UNIX's" could mean anything and Amanda has always been supported on BSD since day one.

Anyhow sorry for the struggle now on to the outputs.

./configure completes cleanly.
    gmake runs happily for quite a bit.. and then...

/usr/local/bin/bash ../libtool --mode=link --tag=CC gcc -Wall -Werror -Wextra -Wparentheses -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wformat -Wsign-compare -Wfloat-equal -Wold-style-definition -Wno-unknown-pragmas -D_GNU_SOURCE -o genversion genversion.o versuff.lo -lm -lreadline -ltermcap
    gcc -Wall -Werror -Wextra -Wparentheses -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wformat -Wsign-compare -Wfloat-equal -Wold-style-definition -Wno-unknown-pragmas -D_GNU_SOURCE -o genversion genversion.o .libs/versuff.o -lm -lreadline -ltermcap
    genversion.o(.text+0x10b): In function `prvar':
    : undefined reference to `libintl_dgettext'
    genversion.o(.text+0x1d6): In function `prundefvar':
    genversion.o(.text+0x2c9): In function `prnum':
    genversion.o(.text+0x344): In function `main':
    : undefined reference to `libintl_textdomain'
    genversion.o(.text+0x353): In function `main':
    genversion.o(.text+0x3d0): In function `main':
    gmake[1]: *** [genversion] Error 1
    gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/root/tmp/amanda_enterprise-2.6.1/common-src'
    gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I am assuming this is something to do with localization is there a way around this? I have tried a few things but right now I am hitting a birck wall. Part of me is considering running the Linux binary set under Linux Binary Emulation ala FreeBSD/Compat but that is a last resort as I prefer natively compiled packages.

Thanks again for any assistance one could offer with this.

Quote Originally Posted by preachermanx View Post
    Hello all, thanks in advance for any assistance you could provide.

I am attempting to compile from sources amanda_enterprise 2.6 on a FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE build. I have amanda 2.5.2 working fine on this box but would like very much to use the Zmanda web front end. I have purchased a full licenses from Zmanda only to be told that FreeBSD is not supported. Which I find difficult as it would have been nice if this was stated BEFORE I shelled out the 100$. But "Other UNIX's" could mean anything and Amanda has always been supported on BSD since day one.

Please contact [email]support@zmanda.com[/email] or use Zmanda network to open a case.

Paddy

Angry Opening Case.

I have but was told I would not be supported unless I paid additional fees. At least that is my interpretation of the messages.

As well as being told that yes it can be done on FreeBSD, its just not in the current offering, this strikes me as rather uncouth seeing as I just purchased a product. To ask for more money to make it work on another platform that intrinsically is not that different and have been told that the work is already done but apparently I haven't bled enough for it is just wrong.

Now the software that I was recommending for my corporations backup solution is now not looking that good. I will just have to use an alternative front end, or go with some custom scripting if I can't get this to work and consider the 100$ idiot tax for not expressly seeing FreeBSD in the "supported" list.

So I was hoping perhaps the community could assist in getting this working.