Thread: mysql hot copy necessary? failing

Default mysql hot copy necessary? failing

Hi, I am using MySQL-ZRM 1.2.

Every MySQL DB has a mysql table which must remain as a MyISAM table. This means that RAW back-ups from a remote database must always support MySQL hotcopy, to support MyISAM backups when using --all-databases

This means that if you have 1000 DBs as InnoDB and only mysql table as MyISAM and your MySQL hotcopy is not working, your entire back-up fails and your slave will be stopped. This is very bad. MySQL ZRM should be able to backup all databases without MySQL hotcopy, and it should recover the slave upon failure.

In my special mysq-zrm.conf I have socket-remote-port="1234", but it still uses port 22. Details below.

Wed Jul 18 03:31:15 2007: cluster-daily:backup:INFO: Command used for raw backup is /usr/share/mysql-zrm/plugins/ssh-copy.pl --mysqlhotcopy --user="XXXXXXXX" --password="*****" --host="10.XXX.1.XXX" --quiet mysql "/var/lib/mysql-zrm/cluster-daily/20070718021401" > /tmp/AQJYAvJUJf 2>&1
    Wed Jul 18 03:31:15 2007: cluster-daily:backup:ERROR: Output of command: 'mysqlhotcopy' is {
    ssh: connect to host 10.XXX.1.XXX port 22: No route to host^M
    Could not create directory /tmp/Bo8fv5HK2r on host 10.XXXX.1.XXX at /usr/share/mysql-zrm/plugins/ssh-copy.pl line 196.
    }
    Wed Jul 18 03:31:15 2007: cluster-daily:backup:ERROR: mysqlhotcopy command did not succeed. Command used is /usr/share/mysql-zrm/plugins/ssh-copy.pl --mysqlhotcopy --user="backup-user" --password="*****" --host="10.XXX.1.XXX" --quiet mysql "/var/lib/mysql-zrm/cluster-daily/20070718021401" > /tmp/AQJYAvJUJf 2>&1 Return value is 65280
    Wed Jul 18 03:31:15 2007: cluster-daily:backup:INFO: backup-status=Backup failed
    Wed Jul 18 03:31:15 2007: cluster-daily:backup:INFO: Backup failed
    Wed Jul 18 03:31:15 2007: cluster-daily:backup:INFO: mailing file /tmp/Iiv4k2ek68
    Wed Jul 18 03:31:15 2007: cluster-daily:backup:INFO: mail command is cat "/tmp/Iiv4k2ek68"|mail -s "[ZRM for MySQL Report] ERROR during backup of backup-set cluster-daily" address@email
    Wed Jul 18 04:00:02 2007: purge:INFO: Purging Backup /var/lib/mysql-zrm/cluster-daily/20070705220743

Quote Originally Posted by kieran View Post
    Hi, I am using MySQL-ZRM 1.2.

Every MySQL DB has a mysql table which must remain as a MyISAM table. This means that RAW back-ups from a remote database must always support MySQL hotcopy, to support MyISAM backups when using --all-databases

This means that if you have 1000 DBs as InnoDB and only mysql table as MyISAM and your MySQL hotcopy is not working, your entire back-up fails and your slave will be stopped. This is very bad. MySQL ZRM should be able to backup all databases without MySQL hotcopy, and it should recover the slave upon failure.
    You can set
    backup-mode=logical
    to ensure you only do a logical backup and never use mysqlhotcopy.

As regard the slave not recovering upon failure, this is a known issue and there is a path available([url]http://forums.zmanda.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=38)[/url]. The next release will have this bug fixed in the base code itself.

Quote Originally Posted by kkg View Post
    You can set
    backup-mode=logical
    to ensure you only do a logical backup and never use mysqlhotcopy.

As regard the slave not recovering upon failure, this is a known issue and there is a path available([url]http://forums.zmanda.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=38)[/url]. The next release will have this bug fixed in the base code itself.
    Hi, can you try clicking on Narayan's patch? I just get a blank page.

Kieran

Quote Originally Posted by kieran View Post
    Hi, can you try clicking on Narayan's patch? I just get a blank page.

Kieran
    We had spam issues with bugzilla attachments and so it was removed.

We have a fix for this problem and I can provide a package for testing. Do you use rpms or debian packages?

Thanks,
    Paddy