Thread: Can't get realpath of the security file '/etc/amanda-security.conf'

Default Can't get realpath of the security file '/etc/amanda-security.conf'

hi, i'm sarah
    I install amandabackup 3.3.9 (on linux server) using guide from http://www.zmanda.com/quick-backup-setup.html
    when do "amcheck DailySet1"
    found error "Can't get realpath of the security file '/etc/amanda-security.conf': No such file or directory"
    weel, I do already googling, it's said the amanda-security.conf default path is /etc
    and I checked it's not there

just wonder if amanda-security.conf is also create when install amandabackup or I must create manual after install amandabackup?

sorry for for bad english

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by snsiregar View Post
    hi, i'm sarah
    I install amandabackup 3.3.9 (on linux server) using guide from http://www.zmanda.com/quick-backup-setup.html
    when do "amcheck DailySet1"
    found error "Can't get realpath of the security file '/etc/amanda-security.conf': No such file or directory"
    weel, I do already googling, it's said the amanda-security.conf default path is /etc
    and I checked it's not there

just wonder if amanda-security.conf is also create when install amandabackup or I must create manual after install amandabackup?

sorry for for bad english

Thank you.

I ran into this also. Found the the latest rpm places the file in /etc/amanda/amanda-security.conf. Odd since the default is /etc/amanda-security.conf.

I copy the file out and place it in etc. Permissions need to be owner: root group: disk (or whatever group you amandabackup user is using). Permissions should be 750.

Hope this helps.

An example amanda-security.conf is in /etc/amanda-security.conf, you can copy it to /etc/amanda-security.conf

The file must be owned by root and permission must be 644.

The RPM does make a mess of the amanda-security.conf install - it puts it in /etc/amanda rather than /etc and it sets the ownership to amandabackup rather than root. Also note that the directory /etc/amanda needs to be owned by root (I don't think earlier Amanda releases checked for this), which mine wasn't (it was owned by amandabackup).

The defaults covered by amanda-security.,conf were OK for me, so for my setup, nothing need to be edited/uncommented in it.

Quote Originally Posted by rkl View Post
    The RPM does make a mess of the amanda-security.conf install - it puts it in /etc/amanda rather than /etc and it sets the ownership to amandabackup rather than root. Also note that the directory /etc/amanda needs to be owned by root (I don't think earlier Amanda releases checked for this), which mine wasn't (it was owned by amandabackup).

The defaults covered by amanda-security.,conf were OK for me, so for my setup, nothing need to be edited/uncommented in it.

/etc/amanda/amanda-security.conf is an example file. For security purpose, user needs to use super user privilege manually copy it to /etc, and change the permission to root && 644.
    The directory /etc/amanda is owed by amanda by default, and it is not necessary to change to root.

thanks all, the problem is solving.
    I copied amanda-security.conf form /etc/amanda to /etc and change the permission to 644