Thread: Error: 'Access denied for user'

Default Error: 'Access denied for user'

Hello,
    I am just starting with ZRM and am having issues running backups as a non-root mysql user account.

I've followed the 15 minute configuration tutorial available here:
    http://www.zmanda.com/quick-mysql-backup.html

I am running:
    Centos6
    mySQL 5.5
    ZRM 3

I have not been able to perform backups using the created mysql account but using the root account works.

I have created the account with the provided syntax on the documentation and also tried "GRANT ALL *.*"

output for user grants:

mysql> show grants for 'dbbackup'@'localhost';
    +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Grants for dbbackup@localhost |
    +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'dbbackup'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '****hash_removed***' |
    1 row in set (0.00 sec)

when i attempt to run the backup i get this error:

command to run the backup: mysql-zrm-scheduler --now --backup-set dailyrun

output:
    dailyrun:backup:ERROR: Output of command: 'mysqladmin --user="dbbackup" --password="*****" variables' is {
    mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
    error: 'Access denied for user 'dbbackup'@'localhost' (using password: YES)'
    }
    dailyrun:backup:ERROR: Cannot connect to mysql server!

I confirmed that the mysql backup accounts password is properly set and is the same as the password in the configuration file. the configuration file also specifies the username "dbbackup" as it apears in mysql.

I am unable to find out why ZRM is unable to create backups even though i can login to mysql with the "dbbackup" account.

any thoughts?

thanks in advance.

I just found out that my password had a character that was not getting processed properly. Changing my password to a simple password allowed the script to run.
    for anyone curious, it was the "#" character.

Default Resolved

I just found out that my password had a character that was not getting processed properly. Changing my password to a simple password allowed the script to run.
    for anyone curious, it was the "#" character.