Thread: Future of Zamada ?

Default Future of Zamada ?

Apologies if this is not the right place to post.

Is there any official word about the future of Zamanda ? I am the first for not fixing an application that works but things seems awfully quiet in terms of development, both for the community and enterprise version...

Is Carbonite actuality committed to this product ?

Amanda community edition and enterprise edition are supported. There will be features/bug fixes in the future. Our latest release was in July.
    [URL=http://amanda.zmanda.com/]Amanda backup and recovery [/URL]
    [URL=http://www.zmanda.com/backup-mysql.html]MySQL backup and recovery[/URL]

This is really bothersome, since we do not want to miss backups, and we cannot always act quickly to kill a stuck dumper.

__

sani

Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Amanda community edition and enterprise edition are supported. There will be features/bug fixes in the future. Our latest release was in July.
    Please give me link to "features/bug fixes". I cann't find, sorry.

Future? None. Amanda community is a dead and archaic product. Biggest issue... the Windows Client of the 'free' zmanda will happily create a backup zip > 4GB... you just can't ever expect to unzip it... no unzip software will read it and I've tried basically all of them and received no help from this forum or the non existent developers. Yea, I learned this the hard way. I can only assume the spendy Enterprise version doesn't have this silent known bug.

I'm powering off my Amanda server today (yay!) after deploying a CrashPlan ProE private cloud backup solution.

CrashPlan makes Amanda look like a hacker's nightmare! And it is an order of magnitude cheaper than Amanda Enterprise if you host your own private cloud.

No, I don't work for them or own stock in them, just a independent consultant looking for the best solution for my customers.

Amanda 3.3.7 was released last week. So, it is not a dead product.