Thread: HELP! return error code 318

Default HELP! return error code 318

Some of the Windows clients don't get backed up (incrementally) and return the following error message:
    "dump to tape failed: dumper: [return error code 318]"

Does anyone know what the error code 318 is referring to?

Thanks

bump...
    I've searched through the forum and google, but no one seems to know what the error message (code 318) is about. The only thread about the code that I found is here: [url]https://forums.zmanda.com/showthread.php?4566-Error-code-318[/url]

But I do not want to force a full backup every time a client gets this error message...

Thanks in advance!

Please help with "[return error code 318]". I have this error too.

Default Force a full dump is still the only way I've found to fix it

Quote Originally Posted by kaufenpreis View Post
    Please help with "[return error code 318]". I have this error too.
    If you don't do anything, the error code 318 just repeats day after day and never fixes itself. Apart from "318" having no meaning (text error messages would be nice), I've still only found that forcing a full dump for the next day (via amadmin's force option) sadly remains the only solution to this.

This is still happening occasionally to us (the other issue we get is timeouts from Windows clients, even with the timeout period set to an hour or more), but unfortunately it doesn't look like getting fixed any time soon. It doesn't help that the Windows client is now over 2 years old, suggesting that development on that has ground to a halt. I don't get error code 318 with any Linux clients, BTW, so I suspect it's a Windows client issue.