Thread: amcheck & amdump failed!!

Default amcheck & amdump failed!!

This is the result..

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
    ------------------------------------------------------
    ERROR: abc.com: [addr 58.x.x.x]: hostname lookup failed]
    WARNING: x.x.x.x: selfcheck request timed out. Host down?
    Client check: 4 hosts checked in 29.240 seconds, 2 problems found

for ur information the server (58.x.x.x) is using amanda Amanda 2.4.4p3 and the client (x.x.x.x) is using the latest version 2.5.1 and abc.com is using same version as server.

the other 2 clients are in same LAN. I am confused how come i cannot amcheck and amdump to those 2 other clients which are located in US. Firewall already allowed. xinetd is already open udp and tcp port 10080, 10081, 10082, 10083). tcpdump got packet transaction. Pls help...

Please check troubleshooting section in Amanda wiki ([url]http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Selfcheck_request_failed[/url])

Is the IP names resolvable? Look for reasons why gethostbyname is failing.

Paddy

It is resolvable and I think it is not related to the link you gave. I have monitor it by using tcpdump and I found the amanda is sent to client using src port 10080(TCP) but dest port(UDP) was different. It's used random port.

I was wondering that was firewall issue. So I enabled modprobe ip_conntrack_amanda 600 in my firewall. Nothing different.. Then I tried to open port range in modem. It seems not working...

Really need help.