Thread: selfcheck request failed: tcpm_recv_token: invalid size: "amandad: cannot look up..."

Question selfcheck request failed: tcpm_recv_token: invalid size: "amandad: cannot look up..."

Hi.

Just ran am amcheck on my amanda server and thought I was on the right track, and this popped up:

selfcheck request failed: tcpm_recv_token: invalid size: "amandad: cannot look up client user \"amanda\"\n"

So - any ideas?

It looks kind of like the entry on the wiki relating to client permissions.

But the error is quite different, too.

Ideas?

Thank you.

-z

Quote Originally Posted by zebra View Post
    Hi.

Just ran am amcheck on my amanda server and thought I was on the right track, and this popped up:

selfcheck request failed: tcpm_recv_token: invalid size: "amandad: cannot look up client user \"amanda\"\n"

So - any ideas?

It looks kind of like the entry on the wiki relating to client permissions.

But the error is quite different, too.

Ideas?

Thank you.

-z
    this is a problem with pre-built packages. somewhere inside executables as it looks there is a hardcoded user name. i had the same problem.

solved it by copy-pasting a line for amandabackup in /etc/passwd and changing second line to "amanda" username leaving everything else the same. so that the user kinda exists. my backup works as amandabackup though.

adjusting the name in xinetd config is also necessary, but does not solve this issue.

if someone has a better solution which does not require recompilation of the whole amanda please share.

there was a mismatch in user = amanda for precompiled rpms in opensuse 13.1 and my last config from src which uses amandabackup.

also may i point out that there are lots of amanda's in the world, so chosing that name for prepompiled package is... silly to say the least.

though it is handy to have amanda in the opensuse repo, would be nice to solve this mismatch.