Thread: Upgrade of Amanda from 3.1.5 to 3.3.5

Default Upgrade of Amanda from 3.1.5 to 3.3.5

Greetings,

I just started working with a companies backup scheme. We are currently using Zamnda 3.1.5. I see that there are some issues with this version, and would like to upgrade to 3.3.5.

I am currently looking for some documentation on upgrading, but what I'm finding out is that this large of a jump in revision numbers may require a complete new install. Would someone be able to give me an idea if this is a major upgrade issue, or can I go directly from one to the other.

TIA...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigAmbulance View Post
    Greetings,

I just started working with a companies backup scheme. We are currently using Zamnda 3.1.5. I see that there are some issues with this version, and would like to upgrade to 3.3.5.

I am currently looking for some documentation on upgrading, but what I'm finding out is that this large of a jump in revision numbers may require a complete new install. Would someone be able to give me an idea if this is a major upgrade issue, or can I go directly from one to the other.

TIA...
    Can you please contact [email]upgrade@zmanda.com[/email] for information on how to upgrade? You will have to re-create basic configuration and use a tool to migrate client information. Our support team can provide more information based on your configuration.

Thanks
    Paddy

I will do that. I appreciate the answer.

Thanks,