Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Microsoft Sharepoint Foundation

  1. #1

    Question Microsoft Sharepoint Foundation

    Hi.

    We installed ZManda Cloud Backup yesterday to make backup of our Microsoft Sharepoint. We configured yesterday and we start to make a backup.

    the result, otherwise, is different that we expect... The restore option only permit us to restore a lot of files such as 'noiseara.txt', 'noiseenu.txt'...

    I've been looking the help of he application and I think we should make a different backup for the content of the sharepoint? (Files, documents...). If that, where should I find these documents to make the backup?

    Thanks in advance,

    Oscar

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chimigraf View Post
    Hi.

    We installed ZManda Cloud Backup yesterday to make backup of our Microsoft Sharepoint. We configured yesterday and we start to make a backup.

    the result, otherwise, is different that we expect... The restore option only permit us to restore a lot of files such as 'noiseara.txt', 'noiseenu.txt'...

    I've been looking the help of he application and I think we should make a different backup for the content of the sharepoint? (Files, documents...). If that, where should I find these documents to make the backup?

    Thanks in advance,

    Oscar
    Hi Oscar,

    When using the Sharepoint backup set type, it backs up configuration and content all together, and restores the same. It shouldn't be giving you the option to select or de-select individual objects. Did you select the Sharepoint backup type in Backup What? It sounds like you did a File System backup of the sharepoint directory.

    If you did not select Sharepoint, you'll need to make a new backup set and be sure to select Sharepoint from the dropdown menu at the top of the Backup What section.

  3. #3

    Default

    Hi.

    We did a Sharepoint Backup... so it is not possible to restore a individual file? If we need to restore it, we should restore sharepoint in another place and make the actions?

    Regards,

    Oscar

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_R View Post
    Hi Oscar,

    When using the Sharepoint backup set type, it backs up configuration and content all together, and restores the same. It shouldn't be giving you the option to select or de-select individual objects. Did you select the Sharepoint backup type in Backup What? It sounds like you did a File System backup of the sharepoint directory.

    If you did not select Sharepoint, you'll need to make a new backup set and be sure to select Sharepoint from the dropdown menu at the top of the Backup What section.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Hi Oscar,

    With Sharepoint, it is all or nothing. There's no granular restore of Sharepoint content. Sharepoint content typically resides in the content database.

    ZCB will always be able to back up and restore at the same level of granularity. For example, with a File System backup, you can pick and choose individual files. Then you can also restore individual files.

    Sharepoint, on the other hand, doesn't give you choices on what to back up. It backs up the Sharepoint configuration and the content database(s). It restores the same. The ability to drill down to individual files within the content database doesn't exist.

    To use another example, a MS-SQL backup lets you choose any individual databases in the SQL server for backup, and you can restore those individual databases if you wish. You cannot select tables within a database, however, and nor can you restore individual tables.

    I hope this clears things up!

  5. #5

    Default

    OK... so the only possibility is to restore full sharepoint in other site and translate the missing file or list...

    I suspect this behaviour will happen with all agents of Sharepoint, isn't it?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chimigraf View Post
    OK... so the only possibility is to restore full sharepoint in other site and translate the missing file or list...

    I suspect this behaviour will happen with all agents of Sharepoint, isn't it?
    With Sharepoint, yes, this is correct.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •