Thread: Aborted: Reading client-servername:_backup_path for datestamp

Default Aborted: Reading client-servername:_backup_path for datestamp

Hi,

I'm using Amanda Enterprise 3.3 and I have tested backing up small data. Restoration is also working fine.

I tested backing up huge data and its working great. When I tried to explore the contents of the backup, it took so long because I think due to large amount of compress backup data. So I clicked "abort" button to cancel the process and it gives me error message as stated in the title. When I tried to restore other backup, it started to give similar error message and I cannot get through for restoration.

Here is the output from the zmc_gui_debug.log

Code:
    20130925184641|-600|2227|admin|servername-appsdir-daily|errors: Aborted: Reading server-name-domain.com:_path_to_dest_appsdir for 20130925131306 L0instructions: Configure where and how to perform restore.  Use "Restore All" to restore all, except items matching specified patterns.  Use "Explore & Select" to restore only some.messages: Using backup history from backup image(s) created ~: 2013-09-25 13:13:06
    I would appreciate if anyone could shed me some lights on this.

Thanks.
    James
    Last edited by jameswise; September 25th, 2013 at 12:59 AM.

Hi James,

Explore will take time depending on the number of files in the backup. To understand the current state, we will have to look at more logs. Can you please open a case in Zmanda Network and send us the logs.

Thanks
    Paddy

Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Hi James,

Explore will take time depending on the number of files in the backup. To understand the current state, we will have to look at more logs. Can you please open a case in Zmanda Network and send us the logs.

Thanks
    Paddy
    Thanks Paddy.

Would appreciate if you could tell me what are those log files.

Thanks.
    James

Did you trying pressing "Clear" button in Restore What page? Are you running 3.3.4? If you running 3.3.4, did you apply the patch?
    thanks
    Paddy