Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with silent install

Default Trouble with silent install

Hi there. I followed the instructions to run a silent install of ZCB x64 bit. I did this on a Windows 7 x64 virtual machine, then tried to run the silent install on a clean Win7 VM.

I'm getting the following error in the log:
    [ResponseResult]
    ResultCode=-3

A quick search told me that there is required info missing from the ISS file, but I don't know what it is.

I've attached the ISS file. I renamed it to setupx64.iss.txt so the forum would let me post it... not sure that was necessary.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

For what it's worth, the batch files to copy over the backup jobs, cloud certificate and encryption key work pretty well.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    Hi there. I followed the instructions to run a silent install of ZCB x64 bit. I did this on a Windows 7 x64 virtual machine, then tried to run the silent install on a clean Win7 VM.

I'm getting the following error in the log:
    [ResponseResult]
    ResultCode=-3

A quick search told me that there is required info missing from the ISS file, but I don't know what it is.

I've attached the ISS file. I renamed it to setupx64.iss.txt so the forum would let me post it... not sure that was necessary.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

For what it's worth, the batch files to copy over the backup jobs, cloud certificate and encryption key work pretty well.
    Hi Ramon,

Let me do some digging on this and get back to you. It's been a little while since I did the unattended installation.

Thanks,
    Eric

Thank you, Eric.

I just checked our bug tracker. An issue with silent install matching your description was discovered and fixed last week. I know the fix will be in ZCB 4.4. I've asked if it's possible to back-port it to 4.3 for you.

If this is a high-priority issue for you, please open a support case so we can mark this as a priority issue and keep better track of things. Mention this thread and ask for me in the ticket if you open one.

Thanks,
    Eric

When is 4.4 due to be released? I'd love to have this fixed sooner than later as this will save me a fair amount of time. I can live without it for a little while, though.

When is 4.4 due to be released? I'd love to have this fixed sooner than later as this will save me a fair amount of time. I can live without it for a little while, though.
    Soon, but I don't have a firm date at this time. We were originally aiming for this week, but there are still a few bugs to be squashed.

Thanks,
    Eric

Great, thank you. If it's ready in the next couple of weeks, I can live with that.

Cheers.

A quick question. With the Export and Import batch files, will one set work with both 32bit and 64bit installations, or will I need to create one for each? How about different OSes... can I export a backup set from, say, a Win7x64 machine and import it on an XPx86 machine?

Thanks!

A quick question. With the Export and Import batch files, will one set work with both 32bit and 64bit installations, or will I need to create one for each? How about different OSes... can I export a backup set from, say, a Win7x64 machine and import it on an XPx86 machine?

Thanks!
    Hi Ramon,

You should be able to. Configuration is mostly a matter of a series of .conf files and the schedules. The .conf files should transition just fine.

However, schedules may not transition between pre-Vista machines (which use Scheduler 1.0) and machines running Vista or later (which use Scheduler 2.0). I know we detect which version of Windows is running so we can take advantage of some Scheduler 2.0 features when possible.

I haven't tested it personally. Let me send an email around to see if there's something I've missed. I'll update the thread when I get a response.

Lastly, we're hoping to get an early release version of ZCB 4.4 out in the next few days. At that point, we'll begin building towards the final release. I still can't give you a firm ETA, but we are close.

Thanks for the info. I'll do one for XP/2003 and one for Win7/2008 then. (I have almost no Vista machines that I manage).