Thread: 3.3.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS misses amandad

Default 3.3.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS misses amandad

Now that the assertion failure has been fixed for version 3.3.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, i get an error that the connection has been refused.

After further investigation, I found that initetd does not start the service

amanda stream tcp nowait backup /usr/lib/amanda/amandad amandad -auth=bsdtcp amdump amindexd amidxtaped

there is no amandad anywhere on the system.

I did a fresh install of amandad server on another system with the same result.

Thanks

Have resolve the problem by installing the client.

Documentation indicates that when the server is installed it also installs the client, but that doesn't seem to be correct

I now have a different problem as I'm getting the following error

WARNING: ml.zudiewiener.com: selfcheck request failed: tcpm_recv_token: invalid size: "amandad: running as user \"amandabackup\" instead of \"backup\"\n"
    Client check: 1 host checked in 0.045 seconds. 1 problem found.

Everything is set up to use amandabackup as the user (and this worked for onths prior to upgrading to 12.04), so not sure where this problem originates

Quote Originally Posted by lister171254 View Post
    Have resolve the problem by installing the client.

Documentation indicates that when the server is installed it also installs the client, but that doesn't seem to be correct

I now have a different problem as I'm getting the following error

WARNING: ml.zudiewiener.com: selfcheck request failed: tcpm_recv_token: invalid size: "amandad: running as user \"amandabackup\" instead of \"backup\"\n"
    Client check: 1 host checked in 0.045 seconds. 1 problem found.

Everything is set up to use amandabackup as the user (and this worked for onths prior to upgrading to 12.04), so not sure where this problem originates
    Have you fixed this?

Yep. Uninstalled amanda, downloaded 3.3.2 for Ubuntu 12.04. works as it did before

Quote Originally Posted by lister171254 View Post
    Yep. Uninstalled amanda, downloaded 3.3.2 for Ubuntu 12.04. works as it did before
    Where did you find this download? i seem to only be able to find the builds of 3.1.5.

Thanks!

or do you have the file name for either the 32 bit or 64 bit versions?

[url]http://www.zmanda.com/download-amanda.php[/url]