Thread: error when trying to edit device configuration

Default error when trying to edit device configuration

I'm currently testing Amanda and I'm trying to set up an Amanda server that writes to virtual tapes on a CIFS mount. I've used the instructions on this page to workaround the symlink problem: [url][/url]

Now, when I try to 'Define and edit device settings for backup sets', I get the following errors:

'colo_vtapes' already has a device associated.

colo: Create failed for device settings "colo_vtapes" failed: Exception 2073: AGS fatal error. (where colo is the name of the backup set)

What's going on? How do I 'unassociate' a device? I've already tried to delete all backup sets and devices multiple times. Please tell me if I need to provide additional information.

Furthermore, when I try to create a whole new backup set + associated device, I get the following error when editing device configuration:

office: error while creating device settings '/etc/amanda/office/disk-2-office_vtapes.conf': Exception 199: Errors occurred while trying to update device configuration. Update operation aborted.

Under advanced details:

Exception 2073: AGS fatal error.
    Last edited by Oebele; June 6th, 2012 at 06:40 AM.

Hi Oebele,

You have asked the same question in the Support case opened in Zmanda Network. We have replied to the case. Please take a look.

[URL=]Amanda backup and recovery [/URL]
    [URL=]MySQL backup and recovery[/URL]