Thread: Newbie Question - change differential to incremental

Default Newbie Question - change differential to incremental

I completed a full backup in backup set and then started a differential backup. However, the differental is larger than I anticipated. I paused the backup. I am aware that you cannot mix incremental and differential backups in the same backup set. However, I would like to switch to a incremental back up instead but that option is no longer available. Is there some way to delete the partial differential and then change to an incremental? Do I have to re-upload the full backup thereby incurring the extra data transfer cost. Not to mention the 8 hours it took to upload . . . ?

Quote Originally Posted by cravens View Post
    I completed a full backup in backup set and then started a differential backup. However, the differental is larger than I anticipated. I paused the backup. I am aware that you cannot mix incremental and differential backups in the same backup set. However, I would like to switch to a incremental back up instead but that option is no longer available. Is there some way to delete the partial differential and then change to an incremental? Do I have to re-upload the full backup thereby incurring the extra data transfer cost. Not to mention the 8 hours it took to upload . . . ?
    You can go to the Reports page and right click on the Differential backup run and use 'Delete Backup' option to delete the Differential backup. Once that is done, ZCB will allow you to run an Incremental backup. You do not need to run a Full backup again to run an Incremental backup.

Regards,
    Prashant

Quote Originally Posted by prashant View Post
    You can go to the Reports page and right click on the Differential backup run and use 'Delete Backup' option to delete the Differential backup. Once that is done, ZCB will allow you to run an Incremental backup. You do not need to run a Full backup again to run an Incremental backup.

Regards,
    Prashant
    Thanks! That appears to have done the trick.