Thread: zrm html reporting

Post zrm html reporting

hello guys,

My ZRM installation is beginning to work. I'm pretty happy about that!

But one thing that I would like to get to function is the html reporting tool that comes along with ZRM.

this was the result I got:
    Code:
    [mysql@VIRTCENT20:~] #mysql-zrm-reporter --show backup-status-info --where backup-set=SNJH-DB1 --type html --output /var/www/html/report.html

reporter:ERROR: Can not open output file .//html//var/www/html/report.html for writing
    Now I thought that this could be a permissions issue between the mysql user and the html web root directory. So, for testing purposes only I opened the entire path with 777's. That still failed so the I thought, ok let me try outputting an .html report file to the mysql users home directory.

Code:
    [mysql@VIRTCENT20:~] #mysql-zrm-reporter --show backup-status-info --where backup-set=SNJH-DB1 --type html --output ~/output.html

reporter: ERROR: Can not open output file .//html//home/mysql/output.html for writing
    Same result! So it appears that the flaw is somewhere in the reporting system's ability to output to html here. Is this there a way to correct this situation? Because I could really make good use of this feature and present a good business case for the higher ups to use it at work!

thanks!
    Last edited by bluethundr; July 16th, 2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: poor formatting