Thread: Incremental & Differential

Default Incremental & Differential

I am looking for info regarding Incremental & Differential backups to the cloud.

I did a full backup to the cloud and then set up another job to perform differential backups daily. When I run the differential it tells me that I need to run a full backup first. Do I need to keep the full backup on disk as well? I set it to delete the local after I backed it up to the cloud.

I am sure I am doing something wrong.

Any help would be appreciated

Are you setting up another job for differential backup in a different backup set?
    It is not necessary to have the full backup on disk. It is sufficient to have it in the cloud.
    This error can also occur if the full backup was not successful and you are trying to
    perform differential backup.

thanks

Default Differential

Hi,

The first time I ran the full backup it failed during the upload to the cloud. I ran the job from the upload to cloud stage and it ran with no errors. I copied the full backup job and tried to make it differential and it failed saying that I need a full backup first.

Thats where I am at. Not sure what to check for.

Can you please open a support case in Zmanda network? We will need logs from your system to understand the issue.

thanks