Thread: cron dupes...or are they?

Talking cron dupes...or are they?

I was wanting to do a full backup in the wee-hours, so I set-up my dailyfull conf file to do a back-up level 0 at that time.

I also want to do an incremental at 35 after the hour. So I told the scheduler to add an incremental at 06:35 and then I went in and edited the crontab so that I have: 35 * * ... instead of 35 6 * ....

When I crontab -l, I see the listed jobs, but when I use the mysql-zrm-scheduler --query, I see all my crontab entries duplicated. (?)

Code:
    # crontab -l
    1 3 * * * /usr/bin/zrm-pre-scheduler --action backup --backup-set dailyfull --backup-level 0 --interval daily
    0 4 * * * /usr/bin/mysql-zrm --action purge
    35 * * * * /usr/bin/zrm-pre-scheduler --action backup --backup-set dailyinc --backup-level 1 --interval daily
    Code:
    # mysql-zrm-scheduler --query
    schedule:INFO: ZRM for MySQL Community Edition - version 2.2.0
    Logging to /var/log/mysql-zrm/mysql-zrm-scheduler.log
    1 3 * * * /usr/bin/zrm-pre-scheduler --action backup --backup-set dailyfull --backup-level 0 --interval daily
    0 4 * * * /usr/bin/mysql-zrm --action purge
    35 * * * * /usr/bin/zrm-pre-scheduler --action backup --backup-set dailyinc --backup-level 1 --interval daily
    There's only the root's cron in the cron-spool directory...so will I kick-off 2x the jobs, or is my root crontab authoritative?

I also saw, from a related post, that there may be something that makes incremental back-ups vestigial if you're using zrm -- that hourly full back-ups will basically do the same thing. True?

Thanks!

+1

Noticed the same, checking 'mysql-zrm-scheduler --query' we have dupes while checking cron it looks good.

However it does only run once what we have seen.

Also I'm interested in your other question, is incremental really pointless? As we are having problems with incremental, this could same me a lot of time =)