Thread: Problems with win-web6

Default Problems with win-web6

I have a Win 2003 server - 32 bit with service pack 2 running zmanda client version 3.1.1. This is with Amanda server 2.6.1p2.

After installing the client, it passes the amcheck, but when I run a backup of the host, the client crashes - terminates without leaving an evident reason in the log.

I have tried restarting the client process several times, but every time I try to do a backup job on the host, the client crashes.

The machine has 3.5 gigs of ram and a 2.8 GHz processor and we are trying to backup 72 gigs, (276,000 files) on a locally attached drive.

I see no errors in our event logs pointing to a hardware problem.

I have placed the zmanda client in debug mode. Is it ok if I send you the next cab file after the crash?

Yes. it is ok to send the logs so that we can investigate.

Oddly, once I put this client in debug mode with verbose logging, the problem has cleared up!

But I am seeing something strange that may be affecting performance of the machine. Even when the client is not running, it is using 732 megs of memory. This is a lot more memory than our other machines running this client. Is there an explanation for this?
    Last edited by spyhunter; September 7th, 2010 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spyhunter View Post
    Oddly, once I put this client in debug mode with verbose logging, the problem has cleared up!

But I am seeing something strange that may be affecting performance of the machine. Even when the client is not running, it is using 732 megs of memory. This is a lot more memory than our other machines running this client. Is there an explanation for this?
    Pl. collect and send us the logs.