Hi,

I have installed Amanda backup server 3.1.1-1 for RHEL 5_x86 on a Centos 5.3 64 bit box, and the same version of Amanda backup client on another box with the same OS. Both use the ext3 file system.

I was following the "amanda 15 minute backup solution" found at [url]http://amanda.zmanda.com/quick-backup-setup.html[/url]

The backups I have performed have apparently been successful (email notification seems OK, as well as the logfile), however, when I go to restore files on the client using amrecover, I run into an issue.

After invoking amrecover, I can issue the listdisk command and receive a list of the directories I backed up. I can issue the ls command to see a list of the files and directories in that backup set. I can use the add command to add files to be restored. I can use the lcd command to direct amrestore to restore files to the location I want.

My problem starts after issuing the extract command. This is the output I receive (I replaced the real IP address with xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for this post):
Code:
amrecover> extract

Extracting files using tape drive changer on host xxx.xxx.xx.xxx.
The following tapes are needed: DailySet1-02

Extracting files using tape drive changer on host xxx.xxx.xx.xxx.
Load tape DailySet1-02 now
Continue [?/Y/n/s/d]? y
Restoring files into directory /restore
All existing files in /restore can be deleted
Continue [?/Y/n]? y

/usr/bin/gzip exited with status 1
/usr/sbin/amcryptsimple exited with status 2
tar: ./UPGRADE.txt: Not found in archive
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
Extractor child exited with status 2
amrecover> exit
200 Good bye.
[root@intranet amanda]#
I have no idea how to read the debug files. I have double and triple checked my setup as it is outlined in the Amanda 15-minute backup solution.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction to fix this? Let me know if I need to supply more information for trouble shooting.

Thanks,
ken