Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: selfcheck request failed: recv error: Connection reset by peer

Quote Originally Posted by koopa13 View Post
    Do I download and install this? Even though its for fc11, it is for ppc64

amanda-client-2.6.0p2-9.fc11.ppc64.rpm
    That might work. Note that Fedora tends to be more bleeding edge than RH, so you could have a library version mismatch.

However, I would first run yum search amanda and see if it is available from the appropriate repository.

When I type yum, it doesn't work, the command does not exist.

When I type in cat /etc/redhat-release, I get Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 6)

Why doesn't yum work?
    Can you recommend me a link to the amanda package I should install for one that uses processor ppc64? Much Appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by koopa13 View Post
    When I type yum, it doesn't work, the command does not exist.
    yum not installed? Either someone has removed it (possible if they never use it), or it was never on that distribution. I know yum arrived on RHEL later than it did on Fedora, but that was a while ago. Or somehow it isn't in your path. In that case locate yum should turn it up.

up2date should be there and work. I've never used it, so I don't know if you can use it to install a new package. In case you don't already know where to find RH manuals, [url]http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/[/url]

When I type in cat /etc/redhat-release, I get Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 6)
    Ouch. According to Wikipedia ([url]https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux[/url]), that was released 2007-11-15. I would consider updating to a more recent version, either 4.8 or 5.5.

Can you recommend me a link to the amanda package I should install for one that uses processor ppc64? Much Appreciated
    There are ways to search for packages other than through the RH repos, but the official repos are far and away the best places to look first. So make sure you have access to those and search there first.

sorry to keep asking :P
    but what does official repo mean? If its possible, can you give me link to the site?

Much Appreciated

The official repo (repository) is Red Hat's repository.

I don't want to appear grouchy, but this is not the place for Red Hat administrator training or reference. I've already mentioned the Red Hat manuals. There are plenty of books and web sites.

Charles Curley - Thanks so much! Exactly what I was looking for.

Default Installation & Administration of Amanda

I am having runtime error in installation of amanda..
    [url=http://www.precisionclean.net/]Precision Cleaning[/url]
    Last edited by morganlawerence; November 20th, 2011 at 08:20 PM.