Thread: 501 Host sjm-webapp is not in your disklist

Default 501 Host sjm-webapp is not in your disklist

Hi guys,

I am getting this message when I start amrecover:

AMRECOVER Version 2.6.1p2. Contacting server on pdcrcc01 ...
    220 pdcrcc01 AMANDA index server (2.6.0p2) ready.
    Setting restore date to today (2010-05-06)
    200 Working date set to 2010-05-06.
    200 Config set to daily.
    501 Host sjm-webapp is not in your disklist.
    Trying host sjm-webapp.vancouver.can.ibm.com ...
    200 Dump host set to sjm-webapp.vancouver.can.ibm.com.
    Use the setdisk command to choose dump disk to recover

Why am I getting this message? 501 Host sjm-webapp is not in your disklist?
    And where is the disklist usually located?

Cheers

Hello, it tries the client's/server's hostname first. If this is not found in the disklist for ""daily", then it tries its FQDN. It found this in the disklist and is using it. Now amrecover wants you to set a disk with "setdisk". If you do not know what disks are available, type "listdisk".

The disklist file is in /etc/amanda/daily/ on the server.

Cheers!

what file determines to look for sjm-webapp in the disklist? is there a file with the command that looks for sjm-webapp in the disklist?

amrecover is determining the hostname of the machine, ie. the same result as running "hostname". This depends on what system you are on. If this question pertains to wanting to use a different hostname, you can use "sethost" in amrecover to set the host to any configured hostname for that config. You can run "listhost" to see the complete list.

the reason I'm asking is because sjm-webapp in disklist should be sjm-webapp.can.com and not just sjm-webapp, the host I am trying to restore to is sjm-webapp.can.com, and I am not sure if this difference in name will result in a recovery failure.
    Is there a way to find where it says sjm-webapp and change it to sjm-webapp.can.com?

or is there a file that amrecover runs when it starts-up, if so what is it?

It is true that you want to give amrecover the exact name of the host as given in the disklist file. Amrecover doesn't try "sjm-webapp.can.com" but it does try
    "sjm-webapp.vancouver.can.ibm.com" and does find this in the disklist file. Is this the host you want to restore data from?

When you start amrecover, you tell it which config you want to use: "daily" in your case. The next thing to do is tell amrecover which host you want to restore. Typically, this is the host you are on. Amrecover assumes this and tries to find the hostname of the host you are on in the disklist file. It first tries just sjm-webapp but does not find this in the disklist file

501 Host sjm-webapp is not in your disklist.

So, next, it tries the host's FQDN . This is a success:

Trying host sjm-webapp.vancouver.can.ibm.com ...
    200 Dump host set to sjm-webapp.vancouver.can.ibm.com.

This is the host that amrecover is now using to restore from. If this is the host you want, simply proceed. If you want "sjm-webapp.can.com" instead, simply run

amrecover> sethost sjm-webapp.can.com