Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Failed to create Bakup Directory

Hi Paul,
    Thanks for the logs.

There was one scenario under which I was able to reproduce the issue. Here is what I did:

1. Login to the server using Remote desktop using "amandabackup" user credentials. Map the network share to a drive.
    2. Login to the server through another session using "Administrator" account. Map the share to a drive. Create a backup set. In Backup Where page, select the mapped drive and save. Create schedules and modify the username from System to amandabackup.
    3. Now log off the "amandabackup" user session. The schedules ran, but the backup failed with the "Backup directory not found" error.

If I keep the "amandabackup" user logged in or just close the remote desktop session, the schedules work fine.

So, can you tell me if you logged off the amandabackup user session or just disconnected the session?

Regards,
    Prashant

Unhappy

Hi Prashant,

We don't use RDP to these servers, and I have physical access to them. I installed the software using an Administrative user, then setup the drive share using your previous instructions, logging off and logging on as AMANDABACKUP and mapping the drive. The user AMANDABACKUP won't be logged on at any point, it's there for the backup service alone.

This is another reason for UNC file shares, none of this to go through to save to a path on the network that everything else can access

Next suggestion?

Paul

We will support UNC file shares in the next release of ZCB.

Paddy

Unhappy

Hi,

Any ideas on the problem I still have with saving backups to network shares?

What's the planned release date for the next version supporting UNC shares?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by beakz View Post
    Hi,

Any ideas on the problem I still have with saving backups to network shares?

What's the planned release date for the next version supporting UNC shares?

Paul
    We will get back to you on issues with using network share as local folder.

We are releasing 2.0.1 today. UNC support will be in the release after that. Our goal is to have a release every 4-6 weeks.

Paddy

ZCB 2.0.2 release supports UNC path for saving backups to network shares. It is available in Zmanda Network downloads page.

thanks,
    Paddy

Hi Paul,
    Have you tried the latest ZCB 2.0.2 version and checked if specifying UNC path for Backup folder works or not.

Regards,
    Prashant