Thread: Problem with accented letters!

Default Problem with accented letters!

Hi all,
    when i backup the entire c: folder of my windows client with zwc client, accented letters suddenly become ” .....

Any ideas to solve this problem?

Thanks
    Last edited by ipv4; May 19th, 2009 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ipv4 View Post
    Hi all,
    when i backup the entire c: folder of my windows client with zwc client, accented letters suddenly become �.....

Thanks
    You mean after backup or after restoring from a backup?

Paddy

Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    You mean after backup or after restoring from a backup?

Paddy
    After backup,
    I checked via amrecover and letters have already changed, so the restore copy them in the wrong way...

Looking in google the problem may be due to character set, on my ubuntu server utf8, on windows i don't know....
    Last edited by ipv4; May 6th, 2009 at 04:55 AM.

I need your help one more time,

i have partially solved the problem by setting the LANG variable of the server on iso8859-1, and here are the results:

1) if I use the client 2.5.2p1 I have no problem with accented letters but with some system files such as ../WINDOWS/system32/config/system I have an error like this:
    "/ system: Warning: Can not open: Device or resource busy"

2) if I use 2.6 client, accented letters are wrong and system file seems ok.

(.....logfile.txt:
    NTFS: ReadStreams: Reading metadata streams for file \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\...\Verifica guidata compatibilitŗ programmi.lnk

After recover:Verifica guidata compatibilit” programmi)

I tried to change dumptype many times in disklist file with both version of client but not all are supported...(e.g client 2.5 with zwc-compress after upgrade cygwin say:FAIL planner client /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/config 200905200000 0 "[no size line match in /bin/dump output]")

I need to backup my windows xp ita client, how is possible that there is this difference between the two versions of the client(2.6 and 2.5.2) regarding accented letters?
    Windows Client 2.6 support charset iso8859-1?

Thanks to all, i hope some help
    Last edited by ipv4; May 25th, 2009 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by E-RPMSOFT.COM View Post
    I also had this problem, but the tips have helped me
    Are you sure? Paddy said that the client does not support the charset iso8859-1, I hope in future we will solve the problem... Tips couldn't help me, can you link me the tips that you refer?

when i backup the entire c: folder of my windows client with zwc client, accented letters suddenly become ” .....