Thread: Windows NT support

Question Windows NT support

Hi:

Does Zmanda support Windows NT. If so what is the minimum service pack supported?

If WinNT isn't supported at all, can someone point me to a software product that works?

Thanks,
    PM

Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkey View Post
    Hi:

Does Zmanda support Windows NT. If so what is the minimum service pack supported?

If WinNT isn't supported at all, can someone point me to a software product that works?

Thanks,
    PM
    Zmanda supports Windows NT using Samba. Zmanda Windows Client does not work on Windows NT.

Paddy

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Zmanda supports Windows NT using Samba. Zmanda Windows Client does not work on Windows NT.

Paddy
    Does it require cygwin be installed on WinNT? Can you refer me to a link that documents this setup process?

Can I concurrently mount multiple samba shares from multiple clients and back them up concurrently?

Can you confirm that Zmanda will also run on Solaris 10 Sparc as a server. I can't use Linux as a master.

Thanks,
    PM

Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkey View Post
    Does it require cygwin be installed on WinNT? Can you refer me to a link that documents this setup process?
    No. cygwin is not required on WinNT if you are using samba to backup windows.
    See http://www.zmanda.com/quick-backup-setup.html This white paper has a samba client.

Can I concurrently mount multiple samba shares from multiple clients and back them up concurrently?
    Yes. you can.

Can you confirm that Zmanda will also run on Solaris 10 Sparc as a server. I can't use Linux as a master.
    You will need to buy a subscription to Amanda enterprise edition or you will have to compile Amanda on your own for Solaris10/sparc.

Paddy