Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ZIB wont upload some backups to S3

Quote Originally Posted by harsha View Post
    Attached is a patch which contains a fix for your upload problem.

Steps to install the patch are :

1 . Unzip the Uploadfix.zip file.
    2 . Rename the file 'patch.bat.txt' to 'patch.bat'.
    3 . Double click on patch.bat.

Pl. let us know if the patch works for you.

thanks
    -Harsha
    So it seems to be uploading. It never started uploading the data in the past, so i think it's gonna work.

The only problem is the slow upload speed. At 55 KBps it will take like 19 hours or more to upload 22.4 GB. Is there an upload limit to S3? We have like 2MBps of uplink here so we should be able to do at least 300-500 KBps.

Thanks again for fixing this issue for myself and whoever else may have had a problem with it. I am looking forward to seeing this thing grow into a mature and stable yet affordable backup system. I am already loving the great compression ratio, and the simplicity. I would like to say I can't wait to test the restoration, but really would rather not have to restore anything.

One thing I would really love to do is rename my "backup sets." So that I don't have to delete and create new ones, especially when that may affect my backups. Maybe add that to a future release.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbradbury View Post
    So it seems to be uploading. It never started uploading the data in the past, so i think it's gonna work.
    Good to hear that it is working now.

The only problem is the slow upload speed. At 55 KBps it will take like 19 hours or more to upload 22.4 GB. Is there an upload limit to S3? We have like 2MBps of uplink here so we should be able to do at least 300-500 KBps.
    Do you have ZWC debug turned on? (log level 5). You should see at least 300KBps. There is no S3 upload limit.

Thanks again for fixing this issue for myself and whoever else may have had a problem with it. I am looking forward to seeing this thing grow into a mature and stable yet affordable backup system. I am already loving the great compression ratio, and the simplicity. I would like to say I can't wait to test the restoration, but really would rather not have to restore anything.
    This fix will be part of next ZIB release.

Paddy

Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Do you have ZWC debug turned on? (log level 5). You should see at least 300KBps. There is no S3 upload limit.
    Paddy
    Yeah, I never shut it off. I tried switching the log level to warning but the upload speed didnt change. If I stop uploading and shut down ZIB how to I get it to resume the upload?

I looked at my logs and I've never had more than 57 KBps. Even before I increased the log level.

Here is a speed check I ran during the upload to S3.
    Last edited by jdbradbury; January 27th, 2009 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks for the feedback. We are looking into this upload rate issue.

Meanwhile pl. let us know if your upload of 22GB data is successfully completed and if yes how much time it took ?

thanks
    -Harsha

Well less than 5 GB in 24 hours. Is there any way to resume or restart this upload later?

Last night at 8pm my daily data says it uploaded art 843008 KBps?? It claims to have successfully uploaded 1.61 GB in 3 seconds. I am pretty sure that is not possible. I will email a screenshot.

Last night at 8pm my daily data says it uploaded art 843008 KBps?? It claims to have successfully uploaded 1.61 GB in 3 seconds. I am pretty sure that is not possible. I will email a screenshot.
    Looks like the report says it didnt upload, but still deleted the backup file. My other backups scheduled didn't run at all, because the other one is uploading.

Well less than 5 GB in 24 hours. Is there any way to resume or restart this upload later?
    Resume is not supported in this release of ZIB. But you can go to the report page and restart the upload by right clicking on that perticular backup report .

-Harsha