Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ZIB wont upload some backups to S3

Default ZIB wont upload some backups to S3

I have setup monthly complete and daily incremental backups of these types: system state, SQL, exchange, and file system. The system state and SQL backups upload just fine, but the exchange and file system backups wont upload and just sit here on my hard drive. This is the error I get: " Too many retries; last message was 'S3 Error: Unknown Empty response body' "

I double clicked on my s3.crt file, because it seemed to be a source of problem for others and it gave me this error: "Invalid Public Key Security Object File- This file is invalid for use as the following: Security Certificate."

I am here in the us and am using SBS 2003.

My log files (log level:information - sorry) have been sent via yousendit from jeremy at maranathaci.com. It isnt a zip file though its a cab for some reason.

Thanks in advance for your help! I am tryin this product for one of my clients and if it all goes well will be reccomending to others.

Hi,

To debug your upload problem, we will require the logs of higher level. To increase the log level,
    1. Stop the ZWCService
    2. Set the following registry key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Zmanda\ZWC\1.0\Debug\L ogLevel to 5
    3. Start ZWCService

Reproduce the issue and send the logs again.

We will then get back to you as soon as possible.

thanks
    -Harsha

The log level 5 files have been sent!

Hi,

Thanks for the logs. But it didn't contain the logs for failure uploads.
    Pl. just do backup and upload of either BackupSet1 or DailyData and send us the logs with level 5.

-Harsha

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by harsha View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the logs. But it didn't contain the logs for failure uploads.
    Pl. just do backup and upload of either BackupSet1 or DailyData and send us the logs with level 5.

-Harsha
    I did that! I used BackupSet1! I emailed you a screenshot of the error, so you can see the time and date was before the creation date of the log file! I am no layman, I have over a decade of experience with Web and IT. I will always follow your instructions exactly and I wouldn't send you useless log files. I will try again, DailyData has run and failed already and now I am forcing BackupSet1 to run. I will then upload new log files just to be sure.

Here is a copy of that screenshot:

This is really frustrating me, trying to troubleshoot this issue with someone who responds 12 hours after I go home from work! I tried to call support but they said they do not support this product. We pay for this product and it's functionality is vital to our business.
    Last edited by jdbradbury; January 22nd, 2009 at 01:41 PM. Reason: IMG location

Uploaded new logs!

Quote Originally Posted by jdbradbury View Post
    Uploaded new logs!
    We have received the new logs. We are looking at them.

Are you having problems only with filesystem and exchange backups (i.e, uploads of SQL server and System state are working)?

thanks,
    Paddy

Hi,

Your latest logs contains the relevant information and we could reproduce the issue locally. We are fixing it right away and you will get the fix in ZIB 1.0.2 which is scheduled in next week.

Thanks for your patience.

-Harsha

Attached is a patch which contains a fix for your upload problem.

Steps to install the patch are :

1 . Unzip the Uploadfix.zip file.
    2 . Rename the file 'patch.bat.txt' to 'patch.bat'.
    3 . Double click on patch.bat.

Pl. let us know if the patch works for you.

thanks
    -Harsha
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sweet! Thanks! I just got back into town, to hear some good news! I was beginning to think this wasn't going to work for us. I am trying a backup after the patch. I will post a reply as soon as it finishes!