Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upload Hangs on "In Progress"

Thanks,

Meanwhile can you please let us know the Libcurl version installed on your failing system?

How do I find this out? I am using the version of ZIB that is most recent. I've not installed Libcurl separately.

Quote Originally Posted by nolang View Post
    How do I find this out? I am using the version of ZIB that is most recent. I've not installed Libcurl separately.
    You can search for file "libcurl.dll" in Windows search.

You had mentioned earlier that you are running ZIB in a colo. Is this true?

You had also mentioned that you are planning to use ZIB on multiple servers. Are you seeing this problem on multiple servers.

The problem appears to some additional fields are being added to http header
    when ZIB request is sent to Amazon S3. Do you have any virus scanner or firewall or filter (something that looks at http requests and changing them) that might add such headers?

Is it possible for you to use packet capture tool on your Windows server so that we can see the packets being sent? We can provide more information if you are ok.

thanks,
    Paddy

Libcurl.dll is from 11/17/2008. I don't know how to find out more information than that.

I am located in a colo. I've submitted a ticket with our technical support to determine if they have some kind of transparent HTTP proxy that may be performing any header manipulation.

I do not have ZIB installed on any other servers at the moment, as I am trying to get this working on a test box first.

I'll perform a packet trace if/when I hear more from my colo.

Libcurl.dll is from 11/17/2008. I don't know how to find out more information than that.

I am located in a colo. I've submitted a ticket with our technical support to determine if they have some kind of transparent HTTP proxy that may be performing any header manipulation.

I do not have ZIB installed on any other servers at the moment, as I am trying to get this working on a test box first.

I'll perform a packet trace if/when I hear more from my colo.
    libcurl.dll should be ok.

Doing packet trace will be difficult because ZIB traffic is over SSL. Please let us know when you are ready. We can help you with packet trace.

Paddy

It looks like the issue is slightly different than I thought. Larger file backups first fail, then on a reupload attempt they hang on In Progress. If I do a small backup of maybe 40MB, the backup and upload succeeds.

I have just sent a set of logs that should show a successful and failed backup.
    Last edited by nolang; December 16th, 2008 at 12:57 PM.

It looks like the issue is slightly different than I thought. Larger file backups first fail, then on a reupload attempt they hang on In Progress. If I do a small backup of maybe 40MB, the backup and upload succeeds.

I have just sent a set of logs that should show a successful and failed backup.
    Thanks. We will take a look at the logs.

Paddy

Thanks for the logs,

After looking at logs and events, following are some observations

1. It looks like backup succeeds but upload is failing, when we are trying to perform it for whole disk or system wide backup.
      But backup and upload succeeds while performing it for selected files.
    2. S3 is returning an error while performing large uploads. Can you please tell us following things:

• While doing an upload, upload fails immediately or after some time?
      • Do you have proxy based internet access or you have connected system directly to the internet. If you have proxy configured, then is it a quota based proxy and will you be able to by-pass the proxy and try to an upload of previously performed large backups ?

We are asking this because, initial phase of S3 connection is succeeding and upload is failing only for large backups.
    3. Have you installed SharePoint on the System on which you are performing ZIB uploads?
      Events: 3355 and 27745 are happening on the system.
      Actually speaking this will not cause upload to fail but may cause backup to fail.

Can you please perform following steps:

1. ZIB 1.0.1 is available for download, download the same.
    2. Un-install the previous ZIB version, without saving data and install the newer one.
    3. After installing ZIB 1.0.1 follow following steps. This will help us in understanding the issue better.

• In “Start” “run” execute “rededit”. In RegEdit, traverse to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zmanda\ZWC\1.0\Debug\” Look for DWORD “LogLevel”, change “LogLevel” from “2” to “5”. Exit “RegEdit”.
    • Restart “ZWC Service” from services control panel.
    • After restart perform backup of a backup set for which upload is failing.
    • Try to upload, successfully performed backup to S3.
    • Upload the logs if anything fails.

The update to 1.0.1 seems to have resolved the issue. Thank you for your help on all of this. I'll post here if the issues recur.

Thank you!

This is good. Thanks for your patience.