Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: amdump backup problem

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    30

    Default amdump backup problem

    Hello,

    I used amdump to backup localhost /var/log to /home/amandahold/daily but I can saw anything in this backup directory.

    Here's some amanda.conf information:

    holdingdisk hd1 {
    comment "main holding disk"
    directory "/home/amandahold/daily"

    Here's disklist information:

    localhost /var/log comp-user-tar

    amdump.log

    amdump: start at Thu Dec 5 08:57:03 HKT 2008
    amdump: datestamp 20081204
    amdump: starttime 20081204085703
    amdump: starttime-locale-independent 2008-12-04 08:57:03 HKT
    driver: pid 8675 executable /usr/libexec/amanda/driver version 2.6.0p2
    planner: pid 8674 executable /usr/libexec/amanda/planner version 2.6.0p2
    planner: build: VERSION="Amanda-2.6.0p2"
    planner: BUILT_DATE="Mon Aug 25 14:59:23 PDT 2008"
    planner: BUILT_MACH="i686-pc-linux-gnu" BUILT_REV="1267"
    planner: BUILT_BRANCH="amanda-260" CC="gcc"
    planner: paths: bindir="/usr/bin" sbindir="/usr/sbin"
    planner: libexecdir="/usr/libexec"
    planner: amlibexecdir="/usr/libexec/amanda" mandir="/usr/share/man"
    planner: AMANDA_TMPDIR="/tmp/amanda"
    planner: AMANDA_DBGDIR="/var/log/amanda" CONFIG_DIR="/etc/amanda"
    planner: DEV_PREFIX="/dev/" RDEV_PREFIX="/dev/r"
    planner: DUMP="/sbin/dump" RESTORE="/sbin/restore" VDUMP=UNDEF
    planner: VRESTORE=UNDEF XFSDUMP=UNDEF XFSRESTORE=UNDEF VXDUMP=UNDEF
    planner: VXRESTORE=UNDEF SAMBA_CLIENT="/usr/bin/smbclient"
    planner: GNUTAR="/bin/tar" COMPRESS_PATH="/usr/bin/gzip"
    planner: UNCOMPRESS_PATH="/usr/bin/gzip" LPRCMD="/usr/bin/lpr"
    planner: MAILER="/usr/bin/Mail"
    planner: listed_incr_dir="/var/lib/amanda/gnutar-lists"
    planner: defs: DEFAULT_SERVER="localhost" DEFAULT_CONFIG="DailySet1"
    planner: DEFAULT_TAPE_SERVER="localhost" DEFAULT_TAPE_DEVICE=""
    planner: HAVE_MMAP NEED_STRSTR HAVE_SYSVSHM LOCKING=**NONE**
    planner: SETPGRP_VOID ASSERTIONS AMANDA_DEBUG_DAYS=4 BSD_SECURITY
    planner: USE_AMANDAHOSTS CLIENT_LOGIN="amandabackup" CHECK_USERID
    planner: HAVE_GZIP COMPRESS_SUFFIX=".gz" COMPRESS_FAST_OPT="--fast"
    planner: COMPRESS_BEST_OPT="--best" UNCOMPRESS_OPT="-dc"
    READING CONF INFO...
    planner: timestamp 20081204085703
    planner: time 0.001: startup took 0.001 secs

    SENDING FLUSHES...
    ENDFLUSH

    SETTING UP FOR ESTIMATES...
    planner: time 0.001: setting up estimates for localhost:/var/log
    localhost:/var/log overdue 14217 days for level 0
    setup_estimate: localhost:/var/log: command 0, options: none last_level -1 next_level0 -14217 level_days 0 getting estimates 0 (-2) -1 (-2) -1 (-2)
    planner: time 0.004: setting up estimates took 0.002 secs
    "amdump.2" 102L, 4983C


    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Campinas-SP
    Posts
    34

    Default

    hi !

    what is the output of the folowing commands ?

    amgetconf daily tapetype

    and

    amgetconf daily --list holdingdisk

    and

    ls -ld /home/amandahold/daily
    Last edited by marozsas; December 4th, 2008 at 06:05 AM. Reason: to correct the config name

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marozsas View Post
    hi !

    what is the output of the folowing commands ?

    amgetconf daily tapetype

    and

    amgetconf daily --list holdingdisk

    and

    ls -ld /home/amandahold/daily
    Hi,

    amgetconf daily tapetype
    HP-DAT

    amgetconf daily --list holdingdisk
    hd1

    ls -ld /home/amandahold/daily
    drwxr-xr-x 2 amandabackup disk 4096 Dec 4 10:07 /home/amandahold/daily


    Thanks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Campinas-SP
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Hi,

    Sorry, I forgot to ask to you return the value of command:
    Code:
    /bin/su - amandabackup -c "amgetconf diario  tapedev"
    Anyway, if it is "tape:/dev/whatever" your backups will be saved on a tape on device "/dev/whatever"; otherwise if it is something like "file:/space/amanda-vtapes/tape" it will be saved on disk.

    Sorry if I didn't understand your question, but I guess there is a misunderstanding about what is the holding disk.

    The holding disk is an intermediate space amanda needs to create the backup before it moves it to the final destination, tape or disk. If the backups were successfully moved to the final destination than there is nothing left on the holding disk.

    So, if you are doing a backup on disk, you must check the folder specified in tapedev (file:/whatever). If the tapedev it is a tape (tape:/dev/nst0 for instance) the backups it is ON the tape, not in the holding disk.

    I hope this helps.
    Last edited by marozsas; December 5th, 2008 at 08:11 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marozsas View Post
    Hi,

    Sorry, I forgot to ask to you return the value of command:
    Code:
    /bin/su - amandabackup -c "amgetconf diario  tapedev"
    Anyway, if it is "tape:/dev/whatever" your backups will be saved on a tape on device "/dev/whatever"; otherwise if it is something like "file:/space/amanda-vtapes/tape" it will be saved on disk.

    Sorry if I didn't understand your question, but I guess there is a misunderstanding about what is the holding disk.

    The holding disk is an intermediate space amanda needs to create the backup before it moves it to the final destination, tape or disk. If the backups were successfully moved to the final destination than there is nothing left on the holding disk.

    So, if you are doing a backup on disk, you must check the folder specified in tapedev (file:/whatever). If the tapedev it is a tape (tape:/dev/nst0 for instance) the backups it is ON the tape, not in the holding disk.

    I hope this helps.
    Hello,

    I changed the tapedev "file:/home/amanda-vtapes/tape/data/" in amanda.conf, but still can't saw a backup data in this directory.

    [root@test data]# su - amandabackup -c "amgetconf daily tapedev"
    file:/home/amanda-vtapes/tape/data/


    Thanks

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Campinas-SP
    Posts
    34

    Default

    what is the output of
    Code:
    su - amandabackup -c "amcheck daily"
    after a backup (su - amandabackup -c "amdump daily") the user amandabackup receives an e-mail with a summary of the backup. Can you post this summary, please ?
    It looks like:
    Code:
    Hostname: bigslam
    Org     : Your organization name
    Config  : daily
    Date    : November 29, 2008
    
    These dumps were to tape diario-23.
    The next tape Amanda expects to use is: 1 new tape.
    
    STATISTICS:
                              Total       Full      Incr.
                            --------   --------   --------
    Estimate Time (hrs:min)    0:03
    Run Time (hrs:min)         3:24
    Dump Time (hrs:min)        1:19       1:08       0:11
    ...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Sorry for the late reply, could you tell me how to setup email for amandabackup user in Amanda ?

    Thanks

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Posts
    306

    Default

    It is set with the "mailto" parameter in amanda.conf

    Paul

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pyeatman View Post
    It is set with the "mailto" parameter in amanda.conf

    Paul
    I set it as [email]user@domain.com[/email] but no response, is it support @ statement ? I also tried sendmail local user that was same problem.

    Thanks

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Please help

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •