Thread: Cannot Upload to S3

Default Cannot Upload to S3

Hi,

I'm having trouble uploading to S3 - get error failed

Not sure if this is because I have note setup the options for S3?

I can't find anywhere to configure these settings and was not prompted on install.

Don't I need to put the Key in somewhere and choose US or EU buckets?

Regards

Phil

Can you please post exact message you are getting?
    Can you please check presence of s3.cert file at “<INSTALL_PATH>\zmanda internet backup\zib\cert” ?
    Default path is “<DRIVE:>\Program Files\Zmanda\Zmanda Internet Backup\zib\cert”.

Regards,
    ~Mangesh

s3.cert file is there - have checked that

On the monitor screen it just says failed

I have set debug mode and will post the contents of the log files in next post.

Is there a way to select EU buckets? they are much faster than US ones here in UK!

Quote Originally Posted by FireIT View Post
    s3.cert file is there - have checked that

On the monitor screen it just says failed

I have set debug mode and will post the contents of the log files in next post.

Is there a way to select EU buckets? they are much faster than US ones here in UK!
    You can also run the "collect logs" tool from the "Tools" menu.

This version does not support selection of EU buckets. We will provide this feature in next release (few weeks away).

Paddy

I think the workaround described in [url]http://forums.zmanda.com/showthread.php?t=1545[/url] will help you.

Paddy

Default S3 upload fails

Same problem. I've downloaded the binaries again today (16/12), reinstalled ZIB, restarted the server and still the same problem to upload to S3. It fails directly. I've just sent the logs through yousendit.

Pascal - backup at wanabe dot eu

Quote Originally Posted by backup@wanabe.eu View Post
    Same problem. I've downloaded the binaries again today (16/12), reinstalled ZIB, restarted the server and still the same problem to upload to S3. It fails directly. I've just sent the logs through yousendit.

Pascal - backup at wanabe dot eu
    When you reinstalled ZIB, did you save old configuration or not? I'm assuming that you are running 1.0.0.1 (See About page in ZIB UI).

What is the Windows platform? XP, 2003 server, ....? Is it 32bit or 64bit version?

We have downloaded the log files. We will take a look at it soon.

thanks,
    Paddy

Thanks for the log files. The log files indicate that your problem is the same as what was reported in [url]http://forums.zmanda.com/showthread.php?t=1591[/url]

We have this fixed and you should be seeing an update soon.

--kkg