Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: amrecover problem

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2005


    Quote Originally Posted by michas View Post
    ok, I finally solved the problem. the cause was that solaris is managing services with its own manager, even the services defined in inetd.conf, these services entries are transformed to xml files (/var/svc/manifest) which are the used. Even if I change the inetd.conf entries these changes are NOT refreshed in these xml files, even entries that are commented out are NOT refreshed and appropriate xml files still exists and these services deleted in inetd.conf are still running... You have to stop them manually using this svcadm service manager and delete these xml files manually. Then You can add new entries in inetd.conf and refresh services (map them to the xml files). This is a bit weird, sounds like a bug... but that's it thanks for help anyway,

    You can use inetconv to convert inetd.conf entries to smf. You can also use
    2.6.0p2 Solaris images from [url][/url]


  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008


    You can use inetconv to convert inetd.conf entries to smf
    Yes, i can, and I did that, but as I wrote, inetconv did NOT refresh these xml files... I had to delete them and then run inetconv to generate them from the scratch...

    regards, Michał

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts