Thread: Installing ZRM into non-default location

Default Installing ZRM into non-default location

Hello

We do not install MySQL using the default rpm, we install MySQL using the platform specific tarballs into a customized folder structure. This allows us easily to run different mysql servers on one server including different versions.

To manage this envirnoment we have a utility written in perl which, apart from other features, also contains DBD/DBI for MySQL.

As I want to match the zrm installation into this structure I would like to install zrm into an other than standard path on the server. Thus the following questions come up:

- Is it possible to install the whole zrm structure into a differnt path? If yes, how can I indicate where zrm looks for it's files (i.e. configuration etc)?
    - Is it possible to use another perl installation than the one distributed direclty with the operating system (SLES)?
    - Is it possible to back up different servers with different versions on the same server?

I am testing actually with the community edition.

Thanks for your help.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by jegentom View Post
    Hello

We do not install MySQL using the default rpm, we install MySQL using the platform specific tarballs into a customized folder structure. This allows us easily to run different mysql servers on one server including different versions.

To manage this envirnoment we have a utility written in perl which, apart from other features, also contains DBD/DBI for MySQL.

As I want to match the zrm installation into this structure I would like to install zrm into an other than standard path on the server. Thus the following questions come up:

- Is it possible to install the whole zrm structure into a differnt path? If yes, how can I indicate where zrm looks for it's files (i.e. configuration etc)?
    This is not possible. It will require code changes.

- Is it possible to use another perl installation than the one distributed direclty with the operating system (SLES)?

- Is it possible to back up different servers with different versions on the same server?
    Yes. It is possible to backup different servers with different MySQL server versions.

Paddy