Thread: Ubuntu 8.04 and Zmanda

Default Ubuntu 8.04 and Zmanda

Hello,

I want to use Zmanda Enterprise with Ubuntu 8.04. At the download it clearly states the supported operating systems, and that does NOT include Ubuntu. Yet this article states support for Ubuntu.

[url]http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/95943/index.html[/url]

Amanda Enterprise Backup & Recovery Solution Now Supports Popular Ubuntu Linux Distribution

I want to use the GUI (ZMC) and I am only familiar with Ubuntu. Can I use Ubuntu? And if I can't what would be a distro similar to Ubuntu that I might use without too much of a learning curve?

Ed

Thumbs up

Next version of Amanda Enterprise will support Zmanda Management Console (ZMC) on Ubuntu.

Thanks
    Last edited by zbackup; September 29th, 2008 at 09:14 AM.

Any ETA on this next version that will support ZMC on Ubuntu?

Thanks,

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by zbackup View Post
    Next version of Amanda Enterprise will support Zmanda Management Console (ZMC) on Ubuntu.

Thanks

I've tried installing under both Ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10 and it complains about a missing dependency: libssl I have the most current version of libssl installed (0.9.8).
    This is a fresh/first installation and I'm using the .deb package file.

Should I just use a different distribution of Linux until this gets figured out? I'm running Ubuntu through VMWare in case that might be the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by UAHCE View Post
    I've tried installing under both Ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10 and it complains about a missing dependency: libssl I have the most current version of libssl installed (0.9.8).
    This is a fresh/first installation and I'm using the .deb package file.
    Are you using ubuntu packages from [URL=http://www.zmanda.com/download-amanda.php]Zmanda downloads[/URL] page?

Paddy

Are you using ubuntu packages from Zmanda downloads page?
    Yes, I downloaded the .deb package for Ubuntu 8.0, release 2.6.4 from the ZManda downloads section.
    The installations of Ubuntu are also fresh installs and auto-updated.

- Dave

If you are using enterprise version, please post your questions in enterprise sub-forum ([url]http://forums.zmanda.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24[/url]).

This is a known issue. Please open support case in Zmanda network for this specific
    problem.

Paddy