Thread: Amanada Installation

Default Amanada Installation

I am a new user of amanda and trying to configure amanda server and client since last one week but getting the same error message "selfcheck request failed: Connection refused" again and again. Please tell me the step by step configuration of amanda server (for RHEL 5) and client (for window 2003 server) using samba.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sumit kumar agarwal View Post
    I am a new user of amanda and trying to configure amanda server and client since last one week but getting the same error message "selfcheck request failed: Connection refused" again and again. Please tell me the step by step configuration of amanda server (for RHEL 5) and client (for window 2003 server) using samba.

thanks

Please take a look at [url]http://www.zmanda.com/quick-backup-setup.html[/url]

This paper provides an example of backups using Samba.

Paddy

Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Please take a look at [url]http://www.zmanda.com/quick-backup-setup.html[/url]

This paper provides an example of backups using Samba.

Paddy

I have done the exact steps mentioned in the example, but still I am getting the same error."selfcheck request failed: Connection refused". Kindly let me know where I need to check the configuration and what are the steps for testing the amanda setup apart from the amcheck command.

thanks
    sumit

When using Samba, the server is also acting as the client -- it is remotely accessing the Samba CIFS share. Do you have both the server and the client software set up on the machine?