Thread: Wrong ELF Class error on 64bit RHEL 5

Default Wrong ELF Class error on 64bit RHEL 5

Hello,

I installed amanda-backup_server-2.6.0-1.rhel5 on a RHEL 5.1 machines.
    When I run amverify <bacup set> I get the following errors.

Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/auto/Amanda/Types/libTypes.so' for module Amanda::Types: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/auto/Amanda/Types/libTypes.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 at /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
    at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Amanda/Types.pm line 11
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Amanda/Device.pm line 10.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/sbin/amdevcheck line 4.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/amdevcheck line 4.

Am I missing a perl module or can you provide me instructions on how to rebuild the perl module on a 64bit system?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by mmiller View Post

Am I missing a perl module or can you provide me instructions on how to rebuild the perl module on a 64bit system?

Thanks,
    You need to build Amanda on 64bit system or use 32bit perl. You can find instructions to build Amanda in Amanda wiki ([url]http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Installation[/url])

Paddy

Default 64bits

Will their be a 64 bit version of Amanda packaged for RHEL / CentOS?

Default x84_64 version for RHEL5

I have tried to build the 64 bit version. I will list the configure flags below...but I am having a hellovatime getting it working. Can't get the binary to start up correctly.

./configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix= --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64 --libexecdir=/usr/lib64/amanda --localstatedir=/var/lib --sharedstatedir=/usr/com --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --disable-static --disable-dependency-tracking --with-index-server=amandahost --with-tape-server=amandahost --with-config=DailySet1 --with-gnutar-listdir=/var/lib/amanda/gnutar-lists --with-smbclient=/usr/bin/smbclient --with-dumperdir=/usr/lib64/amanda/dumperdir --with-amandahosts --with-user=amanda --with-group=disk --with-tmpdir=/var/log/amanda --with-gnutar=/bin/tar --with-ssh-security --with-bsdtcp-security --with-bsdudp-security

Just to let everyone know....the configure settings worked for RHEL x86_64 for 2.6.0p1.