PDA

View Full Version : broken barcode reader with chg-zd-mtx

brandons
November 12th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Hi All,

I have been using amanda with chg-zd-mtx to use my HP 16 Tape autoloader. However the barcode reader on the autoloader is broke and chg-zd-mtx now can't pick and load the right tape from the daily amdump run.
I am now having to use MTX commands each afternoon to load the right tape for the nightly run.

Question: How can i hard code the slot to label so that chg-zd-mtx knows what slot tape to load?

Surely this can be done, right???

Thanks

Brandons

dustin
November 12th, 2007, 08:46 AM
You should just be able to set "havereader" to 0 to indicate that no reader is availble. Then chg-zd-mtx will search through the changer as it would for a barcode-less changer.

choogendyk
November 12th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Interesting. I have a barcode reader. It works and pulls out the barcode to go in the Amanda database. However, in my configuration, with chg-zd-mtx and havereader=1 or yes, it still scans through looking for a tape to use. Because my tapes are loaded in sequence, it usually just goes to the next one. But, if I leave it out of position, it will scan.

brandons
November 16th, 2007, 06:31 AM
Thanks for getting back on this.

Yes i did know of the havereader=no option but still i need to link tape label to the slots. Ie amanda needs to know how to find a specific tape label in a specific slot. This was done via barcodes file called changer-barcodes.

Can anyone sugguest a way forward?

Thaxs

Brandon