PDA

View Full Version : Source package for mysql-zrm_1.2_all.deb?

svend
August 7th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Is the Debian source package available for mysql-zrm_1.2_all.deb? I would like to make some modifications to the file permissions, and it would be easier to modify the existing package instead of repackaging it.

The manual pages are only readable by the mysql user and group, so Debian's /etc/cron.daily/man-db script is complaining.

/etc/cron.daily/man-db:
gzip: /usr/share/man/man1/mysql-zrm-parse-binlogs.1.gz: Permission denied
mandb: command '/bin/gzip -dc /usr/share/man/man1/mysql-zrm-parse-binlogs.1.gz' failed with exit status 256
mandb: warning: /usr/share/man/man1/mysql-zrm-parse-binlogs.1.gz: bad symlink or ROFF `.so' request

tiredofthinking
August 7th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Is the Debian source package available for mysql-zrm_1.2_all.deb? I would like to make some modifications to the file permissions, and it would be easier to modify the existing package instead of repackaging it.

The manual pages are only readable by the mysql user and group, so Debian's /etc/cron.daily/man-db script is complaining.

/etc/cron.daily/man-db:
mandb: command '/bin/gzip -dc /usr/share/man/man1/mysql-zrm-parse-binlogs.1.gz' failed with exit status 256
mandb: warning: /usr/share/man/man1/mysql-zrm-parse-binlogs.1.gz: bad symlink or ROFF `.so' request

I noticed that the 1.2 distribution that you purchase does not provide a source tarball, either. If you are not using a Linux derivative (we have an Xserve with OSX Server) you are up the creek...

paddy
August 7th, 2007, 10:37 AM
I noticed that the 1.2 distribution that you purchase does not provide a source tarball, either. If you are not using a Linux derivative (we have an Xserve with OSX Server) you are up the creek...

If you have Zmanda network subscription, please contact support@zmanda.com

Thanks,
Paddy

paddy
August 7th, 2007, 01:35 PM

/etc/cron.daily/man-db:

I have filed bug 50 (http://forums.zmanda.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=50) for this problem. We will make debian source package available soon.

Paddy