PDA

View Full Version : Report data missing for Windows share

t0ta11ed
July 3rd, 2007, 06:10 AM
Hello,

I'm running Amanda 2.5.2p1 with the following problem:

A single Windows share is set to be backed up using Samba, and Amanda seems to be doing the backup but no report is automatically generated/emailed.

When I run amreport, the resulting reports Dump Summary states the backup data for the share is missing. It would appear it is actually backing it up, as I can see logs for it in the /dumps dir, disk use has increased, and amcheck passes just fine. The only issue is the report data itself and the failure to email the report at the end of the backup. Anyone ever run into this? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I need to see the performance of this backup. Thanks.

shailen
July 5th, 2007, 01:29 PM
you can check the mailbox for the amandabackup user on your backupserver.

just su to the amandbackup user and type mail.

the reports get stored here as well.

Also, you may want to make sure your backup server is configured to send mail as well.

-shailen

Hello,

I'm running Amanda 2.5.2p1 with the following problem:

A single Windows share is set to be backed up using Samba, and Amanda seems to be doing the backup but no report is automatically generated/emailed.

When I run amreport, the resulting reports Dump Summary states the backup data for the share is missing. It would appear it is actually backing it up, as I can see logs for it in the /dumps dir, disk use has increased, and amcheck passes just fine. The only issue is the report data itself and the failure to email the report at the end of the backup. Anyone ever run into this? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I need to see the performance of this backup. Thanks.

t0ta11ed
July 5th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Thanks, the server is configured to send mail but no report is generated. If the Windows share is not part of the backup job, I get the report via mail and stored locally just fine.