PDA

View Full Version : call timeout error

palaniappan
June 27th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Hi,
When i am dumping windows file which is having full access to amanda in the network..But after the dumping i recvd a mail with the following given below

NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \Interview Panel\*
? NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED opening remote file \Projects\Artemis-APM\Review\PackageReview.xls
(\Projects\Artemis-APM\Review\)
? Error reading file \Projects\Calavista Toolkit\Anjulika\tools.jar : Call timed
out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds
? Didn't get entire file. size=5082323, nread=655200
? Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds listing \Projects\Calavista
Toolkit\A\*
? Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds listing \Projects\Calavista
Toolkit\B\*
Toolkit\B\*
Toolkit\B\*
Toolkit\C\*
? Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds opening remote
file \Projects\Calavista Toolkit\C (\Projects\Calavista Toolkit\)

Only this folder(/projects) is giving issue..
Pls let me know what can be done in this case...

why this error is arriving??is it due to samba ???

Regds,
palani.sp.

dustin
June 28th, 2007, 07:43 AM
I've seen this problem with Amanda as well, against Windows Server 2003. Applying the latest service packs helped. I think it also has something to do with the size of the directory -- the Windows side simply can't keep the connection open long enough to send the entire directory.

Beyond that, this is definitely a Samba and/or Windows issue -- you will probably have better luck taking it up with the Samba folks.

palaniappan
July 2nd, 2007, 10:32 PM
Hi,
Thanks for ur reply....

Let me start the troubleshooting in samba and windows side to overcome this issue...

Regds,
Palani.

palaniappan
July 5th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Hi,
To eliminate this problem i had mounted the particular filesystem and i started backuping the mounted filesystem.but i am facing another issue,some of the files are missed in backuping with the following below error

gtar: ./Troux/Knowledge Transition Plan/Troux - Knowledge Transition Plan.xls:
Warning: Cannot stat: No such file or directory..

I don't know why this file has been missed out.I think it is due to the space in the filename..but this error is not arriving when i try take the backup of that file thru samba...
But samba giving call timout error ...

How to resolve this issue...
Pls let me know if u req any inf regarding this.

regds,
palani.