PDA

View Full Version : backup stats

lovewadhwa
June 12th, 2007, 02:42 AM
hi
previously i took backup of my databases thru zrm remotely in which i specified the copy plugin as ssh-copy.The backup completed in 11 hrs.Now i took the backup of the same database locally but on the destination that is nfs shared.This time the backup took 25 hrs.I just needed to know whethet the backup taken locally takes that much time or its because of nfs share or some other problem at my end.Kindly help regarding the same.
Hoping a quick and positive response from ur side.

kkg
June 12th, 2007, 04:24 AM
hi
previously i took backup of my databases thru zrm remotely in which i specified the copy plugin as ssh-copy.The backup completed in 11 hrs.Now i took the backup of the same database locally but on the destination that is nfs shared.This time the backup took 25 hrs.I just needed to know whethet the backup taken locally takes that much time or its because of nfs share or some other problem at my end.Kindly help regarding the same.
Hoping a quick and positive response from ur side.

It is most likely due to the fact that it is a nfs share. I did a simple test where I timed a copy of 4.8GB from local to a nfs mounted share and a scp of the same data from local to the same remote machine (both machines are in the same subnet). The time taken for scp was 14 minutes while the time taken for coping on to the mounted share was 24 minutes.

You could try the same test and check out the results on your system.

--kkg