PDA

View Full Version : file not found error

lovewadhwa
May 16th, 2007, 02:14 AM
hi
i m taking backup of my database which has lakhs of tables.but i m geeting the following error.
DBD::mysql::db do failed: File './databasename/tablename.MYD' not found (Errcode: 24) at /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqlhotcopy line 468.

The table is present in the database with all its MYD FRM and MYI extensions.if i take the individual backup of the particular table then it succeeds.the permissions have bben ok.I amn't able to figure out the problem.Kindly help.
Hoping a quick and positive response from ur side.

paddy
May 16th, 2007, 05:08 PM
hi
i m taking backup of my database which has lakhs of tables.but i m geeting the following error.
DBD::mysql::db do failed: File './databasename/tablename.MYD' not found (Errcode: 24) at /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqlhotcopy line 468.

This error means there are too many open files. Please increase the number of open file
descriptors in the kernel or split the database into multiple backup sets.

Paddy

lovewadhwa
May 16th, 2007, 09:53 PM
hi
how can i create multiple backup sets.Actually i have 80000-90000 tables in my database with different names.I won;t be specifying the tables name in the configuration file.One method would have been to use regular expressions which mysqlhotcopy accepts but unfortunately ZRM doesn;t have the option.Now even if i use open limit variable definitely i can't increase its value to such a high value.
Can there be a solution to this scenario.

paddy
May 17th, 2007, 01:29 PM
hi
how can i create multiple backup sets.Actually i have 80000-90000 tables in my database with different names.I won;t be specifying the tables name in the configuration file.One method would have been to use regular expressions which mysqlhotcopy accepts but unfortunately ZRM doesn;t have the option.Now even if i use open limit variable definitely i can't increase its value to such a high value.

Supporting regular expressions is an enhancement that will be implemented in
future.

Can there be a solution to this scenario.

You have two options:

1. Increase the number of open file descriptors in the kernel
2. Use other backup methods - logical backup or use snapshots

How big is the database?

Paddy