PDA

View Full Version : error when trying to edit device configuration

Oebele
June 6th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Hello,

I'm currently testing Amanda and I'm trying to set up an Amanda server that writes to virtual tapes on a CIFS mount. I've used the instructions on this page to workaround the symlink problem: http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/How_To:Backup_to_Virtual_Tapes_on_a_non-UNIX_Filesystem

Now, when I try to 'Define and edit device settings for backup sets', I get the following errors:

'colo_vtapes' already has a device associated.

colo: Create failed for device settings "colo_vtapes" failed: Exception 2073: AGS fatal error. (where colo is the name of the backup set)

What's going on? How do I 'unassociate' a device? I've already tried to delete all backup sets and devices multiple times. Please tell me if I need to provide additional information.

Furthermore, when I try to create a whole new backup set + associated device, I get the following error when editing device configuration:

office: error while creating device settings '/etc/amanda/office/disk-2-office_vtapes.conf': Exception 199: Errors occurred while trying to update device configuration. Update operation aborted.

Under advanced details:

Exception 2073: AGS fatal error.

paddy
June 6th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Hi Oebele,

You have asked the same question in the Support case opened in Zmanda Network. We have replied to the case. Please take a look.

thanks
Paddy