PDA

View Full Version : Restore from cloud?!

wildcatz
February 9th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Hi,

I seem to be missing something. How can I restore my files from a backup in the Cloud rather than on my local hard drive?

thx.

bberenberg
February 9th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Please take a look in the user guide, the process is documented thee. You can find it by going to Help -> User Guide from within ZCB. Let us know if you are still having issues afterwards.

wildcatz
February 9th, 2012, 11:49 AM
I have read the User Guide.

I don't find anywhere in the UG that explains how to chose whether to restore from the cloud or from disk?

For example, if I have a backup that was to disk and Cloud, how do I chose whether to restore from the disk backup, or from the Cloud backup?

I also have a backup that is just to disk. However, when I chose to restore it, it appears that ZCB is trying to download it from the Cloud? Everything hangs at that point.

Unless I lose my onsite drive backup, I obviously don't need to restore from the cloud.

What am I missing?

bberenberg
February 9th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Ok I understand your confusion.

When it is restoring from a local backup, it may say downloading but what it is really doing is checksumming to make sure that the backup has not been corrupted since it was made. I believe we have improved the message associated with this in 4.1 to clearly say checksumming. Please allow ZCB to complete this process, and then the restore will continue.

When you are trying to restore from cloud, you will need to specify the appropriate backup run. If there is a local copy, ZCB will detect it and restore from there. If there are no local copies, ZCB will pull from the cloud. You can not really over ride this from the UI. However if you go to your backup folder and move the backup run out of there you can force ZCB to perform a download from S3.

Does this answer your question?

wildcatz
February 9th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Yes, that what I was needing. Thanks.