Proposed features for future releases of Amanda
Suggestions for Amanda documentation
Feedback on forums

Regards
----------
Dmitri Joukovski

bwil150n
January 10th, 2006, 11:20 AM
I'd like to see more information relative to the use of Amanda with SELinux.

ktill
January 10th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Hi,

I have done some testing of Amanda 2.5.0b1 on RedHat using SELinux targeted policy,
report is at: http://forums.zmanda.com/showthread.php?t=8&page=2

Please let me know if it helps.

Kevin Till
zmanda.com

bwil150n
March 1st, 2006, 12:29 PM
Hi Kevin,

This branched off into the 2.5b thread so I thought I would bring it back here...

From what I can gather, your tests have been with selinux targeted policy enabled in permissive mode. What I am looking for is a working selinux configuration of targeted policy enabled in enforcing mode. I'm pretty much locked into policy.18 (from the selinux-1.17 RHEL4 rpm)

I have an /etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy/file_contexts/program/amanda.fc but no /etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy/domains/program/amanda.te (if you follow the 'paired' logic using named for an example). Google searches have turned up references to amanda.te but only in the context of diff patches, so somewhere out there is a complete file...

ktill
March 1st, 2006, 02:12 PM
Hi,

my understanding is that the tagetted policy has no enforcement on Amanda per se. I was playing with the "strict" policy, as a result, the guntar-list directory is labled. Once I removed the label by doing "chcon -R user_u:object_r:usr_t guntar-list-directory". Amanda is working again running in targetted enforced mode.

Check your /tmp/amanda/sendsize.*debug file to see if it has problem opening the gnutar-list file.

--Kevin