PDA

View Full Version : Are S3 buckets supported?

sagiaccotto
July 25th, 2011, 01:39 AM
I'm trying to upload my first backup, but since it's quiet big (7.2 Gig) its not finished yet. But, when I log into the S3 console of Amazon, I don't see any buckets created for the backup. Nor can I find an option to give in a bucket name for the backup. How does this work? I can't find the answer in the documentation of on this forum.
Thanks.

nikunj
July 26th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Hi,

ZCB stores the data on Amazon S3 buckets that are tagged by Amazon as special buckets used by applications such as ZCB. These special buckets are not shown by S3 clients such as AWS console, etc.

If you want to browse the data or download the data from these special buckets, you can use the jets3t tool that is available in the downloads section of your Zmanda Network account.

We are going to announce the availability of a web-interface to monitor your backup activity very soon. Please stay tuned!

-Nik

sagiaccotto
July 28th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Thanx Nik,
Now I see the backup. Other question; since my internet connection is very slow, I wanna take the offline backup on a USB drive and want to upload it using another internet connection. Is this possible?

sagiaccotto
August 1st, 2011, 04:04 AM
I'll make a new post for this question