PDA

View Full Version : custom compile

bluethundr
June 9th, 2011, 11:40 AM
hello,

I am being asked to install amanda backup client on several ancient fedora 1& 2 servers.

In order to do so I need to compile from source after running the configure script.

Here's what I've come up with:

./configure --with-prefix=/opt/amanda --with-libexecdir=/usr/libexec --with-amlibexecdir=/usr/libexec/amanda/ --with-amperldir=/opt/amanda --with-user=amandabackup --with-group=disk --sysconfdir=/etc --with-configdir=/etc/amanda --without-server --with-buffered-dump --with-ssh-security --without-bsd-security --with-tmpdir=/opt/amtmp --with-index-server=amanda.acadaca.net --with-tape-device=changer --with-dump-honor-nodump --with-gnutar=/var/lib/amanda --bindir=/bin --with-readline

Problem with this is after I make and install it looks like there is no amanda home in /var/lib/amanda. Also if I go to the measure of rsync'ing one into the right location when the amanda server tries to back up this machine it can't find gnutar (looks in /usr/local).

Can someone please point me in the right direction of how to a) put the amanda home in it's rightful location and b) make sure that the amanda server will be able to find gnutar?

thanks!