PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request - Wildcard Support in Databases list

TimBoothby
December 21st, 2006, 03:04 AM
Hi,

I manage a database server with close to a hundred different databases on it. Some are very large, static databases, whilst others are smaller and very dynamic. New databases are added on a regular basis.

I don't to back up all databases every night as this would backup tens of gigabytes of largely static data. Presently I would have to modify the .conf file to add every new database I want to add to a nightly backup set.

It would be most useful if you could support wildcards or regular expressions when specifying the databases list for a backup set. Then a naming convention could be used to automatically add a database to an appropriate backup schedule.

Many thanks and keep up the good work, this looks like a promising product.

Tim

kkg
December 21st, 2006, 04:30 AM
Thank you for sending us this. It is a very good idea. We will see how and when we can get this done.

Please do open an enhancement request as that will help us track this better. You can do this from http://forums.zmanda.com/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi

--kkg

yosmc
May 19th, 2008, 03:09 AM
Is there any update on this? Wildcards as well as the ability to exclude certain tables ("backup everything except table xy") would really increase ZRM usability tenfold. Thanks!