PDA

View Full Version : Missing result when running backup.

spyhunter
September 7th, 2010, 07:43 AM
I am getting the following error whenever I try to backup the C and D drive on one of our Windows servers:

mn-dev-beta-1 "c:/" lev 0 FAILED "[missing result for \"c:/\" in mn-dev-beta-1 response]"

The D drive works ok. The next morning, after I get this report and the whole daily job has run, I can manually do a dump on that one filesystem, and the c:\ backup works.

I am seeing this on all the machines that I have upgraded to client version 3.1. I am just using this host as an example.

This is my entry in my disklist file on the Amanda server:

mn-dev-beta-1 "c:\" win-dump
mn-dev-beta-1 D win-dump

And my entry for win-dump from amanda.conf:

define dumptype win-dump {
program "DUMP"
compress client fast
index no
record yes
auth "bsdtcp"

}

This is with Amanda server 2.6.1p2, and Amanda client 3.1 on a win 2003 server 32 bit.

harsha
September 7th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Pl. collect and send us the server and client logs.

spyhunter
September 21st, 2010, 11:32 AM
I have sent in the server and client logs for this problem in an email. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

spyhunter
September 22nd, 2010, 01:30 PM
Hey guys any updates on this? This has become a much more serious problem for us because we just rolled out another 8 machines and it is happening on all of them. Getting hard to manage. Thanks.

spyhunter
September 23rd, 2010, 05:45 AM
I have found a workaround for this problem. I quit using templates, and configured backups to run on both c: and d:, and now it is working.

If you want any help with testing or want some more log files from the previous failures let me know and I will put something together. Thanks.