PDA

View Full Version : Windows Server 2003 SE - ZWC Community - Does Not Recover

level6
May 4th, 2010, 09:37 PM
The ZWC Service on this machine goes down about once per 1-2 weeks and does not restart itself. I have finally been able to capture the dump files it made for sending an error report to Microsoft. I cannot attach those to this post due to a 97.7KB zip file limit?! This file is almost 3 MB. I did not know if there was a bug tracking site available for this? If someone wants me to email it to them, I can?

ZWC-MySQL has never gone down.

I was NOT able to capture the client logfiles for which a date would match this failure. They all appear to roll-over after 10MB? That is a little low, isn't it? Anyway, a backup has run since, so all that there is in the 10 rotating logs appear to be from the latest successful backup. I am looking in C:\Program Files\Zmanda\Zmanda Client for Windows Community Edition\Debug . Let me know if there is somewhere else to look.

Raymond.

paddy
May 5th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Are you using 3.1 beta or 2.6.1.3 version?

level6
May 5th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Sorry, the 2.6.1.3, I believe. Is there an easy way to tell? The file I installed from is dated 11/06/09 and is called ZWCInstaller-Community-26.zip .

Raymond.

paddy
May 5th, 2010, 01:14 PM
This is old. Please see http://www.zmanda.com/download-amanda.php (select 2.6.1p2). You should find 2.6.1.3

level6
May 8th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Thanks. I've downloaded the ZWC-Community-2.6.1.3-32bit.zip package and began the installation, but the install process fails with:

Zamanda Client for Windows Community Edition Error:
Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action Config_MySQL
[OK]

I clicked [OK] and a new error box popped up:

Feature transfer error:
Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation.
Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information.
[OK]

paddy
May 10th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Do you uninstall before installing 2.6.1.3?

Please look at installer log file in %temp% folder