PDA

View Full Version : Individual Table Backup

DAT500
November 14th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Hi everyone.

Sorry if this area has previously been discussed. The education establishment I work for is currently looking into using ZRM to backup our MySQL 5.0.18 databases. We have numerous unique installations of MySQL and I was wondering if we could configure ZRM to simply backup changed tables from each database rather than a complete backup?

If this is possible, is there an inbuilt utility that checks for tables that have been updated since the last backup?

Thanks for your help.

paddy
November 14th, 2006, 12:50 PM
ZRM for MySQL can do incremental backups (changes since last full backup). It will only backup changes.

Are you looking for an utility that provides the list of tables that were changed since last backup?

Thanks,
Paddy

DAT500
November 14th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Hi Paddy,

Thanks for your help. We're basically changing the process of our, currently manual, backups. I'm guessing that once we've done our first full backup using ZRM, we can just use the incremental from then on? How does the incremental process work in terms of each changed table, does it compare the first full backup and each incremental backup with the current incremental backup?

paddy
November 14th, 2006, 03:32 PM
ZRM for MySQL uses binary logs to track changes to the database. Binary logs contain all changes to the database. Using binary logs allows ZRM for MySQL to recover to any point in time.
Paddy